- Down With Disease, Phish
- Okayalright, moe.
- Hesitating Beauty, Billy Bragg & Wilco
- Houses on the Hill, Whiskeytown
- Airline to Heaven, Wilco
- When the Roses Bloom Again, Billy Bragg & Wilco
- (What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace Love and Understanding, Elvis Costello
- Take Me to the River, Talking Heads
- Young Americans, David Bowie
- Lost in the Supermarket, The Clash
The “Thumbprint Radio” feature of Pandora is very good. There’s a great, eclectic selection of music here, if a bit heavy on Woody Guthrie-penned lyrics (#3, #5, #6). A gifted songwriter and poet with political passion; I’ll give him that.
My pick of this group is #4. Ryan Adams is one of the best.
But for a Sunday morning, you could do worse than #5:
There’s an airline plane
Flies to heaven everyday
Past the pearly gatesIf you want to ride this train
Have your ticket in your hand
Before it is too lateIf the world looks wrong
And your money’s spent and gone
And your friend has turned awayYou can get away to heaven
On this aeroplane
Just bow your head and prayThem’s got ears, let them hear
Them’s got eyes, let them see
Turn your eyes to the lord of the skiesTake this airline plane
It’ll take you home again
To your home behind the skies . . .