My tongue-in-cheek reaction:
Ladies and gentlemen, my work here is done.
Beginning at about 2:00:
- President Obama has dithered over Keystone XL.
- The benefits of well-regulated fracking far outweigh the risks.
- The shale boom is greatly benefitting the states of North Dakota, Texas and Pennsylvania. New York opted to sit out this dance.
- As a consequence of the domestic boom, oil imports are falling like a stone in a well.
- The private sector, not the Federal government, deserves the credit for the new technology that makes all this possible. Risk taking entrepreneurs like Harold Hamm have fundamentally transformed the energy picture, answering a question our nation’s leaders have grappled with since 1973.
- “Wind [energy] is approaching viability, but it is not something that we can rely on too heavily for a number of years…”
- Scarborough: Due to the energy revolution, “there’s not going to be a viable economic model” for the continued development of alternative sources.
All of this to tell my readers that I am hanging up my blogging shoes. I plan to work in my house, work on my relationships, pet my dogs and start reading real books again.
Thank you for your interest, your comments and your suggestions. Best wishes, happy Thansgiving and may our God, the Creator of the Universe, bless you all.
Formerly Known as Vladimir